Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Weekend in Medford

On Thursday afternoon, I was officially done with school and ready to head down to a soccer filled (Rogue Valley Cup) weekend with my family. I was also trilled that I was going to get my hair done, finally! I think my roots had grown out about inch, which only girls will understand, and they know this is simply unacceptable. When I arrived in Medford, I went straight to my dad's office to see the new car. He had just bought the night before and I was so excited for him. He deserved something for himself and I'm glad that he finally bucked up and bought it :). My parents are now the proud owners of the 2011 double cab Toyota Tundra, and it is FREAKING AWESOME!!! It's funny that they bought a car in the midst of Rob and I looking for a car, however, Rob and I have been looking for the last four months. It's funny to think how different it is when you are a newlywed with no money buying a car, compared to a well established physician. Makes sense why ours is taking so long, got to look for the very best deal out there. So anyways...I made it to the office, said my quick hellos to the staff and was shown the NEW office/surgery building that is currently in construction. My dad and I got our hard hats on (I thought he was joking when he first said we had to wear them) and toured the new building. It was so fun the hear the proud and excited voice of my dad as he told me what was going where. It put a big smile on my face! Its lame to say, but I am proud of him!

The next day, I woke up and was able to get my wig tuned...wahoo! I spent some more daddy-daughter time on a lunch date to Mucho Gusto, and then got to go shopping with my mom. Later that night we were trying to decide something fun to do, and I happen to suggest that we go to Ashland to walk around. The family agreed (even savans who was on crutches with a sprained ankle was game) and we all jumped into the new car and headed south. We ate a small downstairs restaurant called Munchies, and it was simply delicious. I have such a good time when I get together with the family. For some reason we are always laughing and telling jokes which was perfect for the mood I was in that night. The best ending to a perfect day, was rob coming home from his two week trip to Boston! It was one thirty in the morning when he finally got home (I had fallen asleep) and I was so nice to have him come in and wrap his arms around me.




Saturday, Sunday and Monday just flew by us! We got to go to many soccer games, barbecue, and make smores and a fir with the Folsoms. When we got to the house for the fir on Sunday night, the girls decided that it was a bit to chilly outside so we should do the fir inside. When Henry walked in and saw our indoor fir he was severely disappointed. Uncle Rob walked in assured him the boys would make a fire outside. I love to see Rob with his niece and nephew, it just reminds me what a great dad he is going to be someday. The boys were successful in producing a RAGING fir that kept us all nice and warm on a chilly spring afternoon.



I was totally impressed with this parent. At Sarah's soccer games he was their number one fan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home