Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Getting Ready for Finals

Ive recently put pictures of Rob playing baseball, but when I was playing soccer we didn't have a blog so here is a recap in some fun pictures from my 09 soccer season


Vs. Washington

I love this Picture of the team


My Amazing Class of as Sophomores top row left to right Seal, Kristen, Mel, Shef and bottom row left to right Lindo, J, Colleen, BC and me
Game faces before the Arizona game

Starting line up for our Pink game supporting Breast Cancer

After Beating USC at there home Field

Rob and I after we lost in the sweet sixteen to Notre Dame

You know its going to be a great week when your husband mentions that he has a 10 page paper, 1 final to study for, many little assignments, and statistics problems (which take forever) all due before the week is over. He said that he has come to the point where he must weigh what is important to complete and what he can get by without doing because he just cant get it all done. Just what a wife wants to hear after hes been gone for a 5 day absence playing baseball :). I really am not complaining though, I just honestly feel really bad for him. He has done an amazing job lately of concentrating on his studies and getting good grades. To show what an amazing guy I think he is, even with such a busy schedule, he took yesterday night completely off and we got to go on a date. Applebees 2 for 20 followed by Sherlock Homes! I am grateful for these nights in particular, when we get the chance to reconnect and just focus on being together. We always talk about how important it is to get a date night in once a week (even if the schedule is busy) and I cherish these nights the most!

When my soccer buddies Justyne and Sierra realized that I had a blog they insisted that they make it on. I figure that I can share how my past winter semester Tuesday and Thursdays have been spent. We had weights early in the morning and then had a period of time in between the end of weights and our first class. A couple of us got into the morning routine of bring our breakfasts to the locker room, where we would shower, put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt (athletes what can we say), and eat our breakfasts. We have a refrigerator that enabled us to buy milk and we had bowls, and cereal we kept there. When the Olympics started curling was on everyday during this period of time, and we had many laughs of the prospects of developing our own curling team and then being able to go to the Olympics. When it was time for Biology 102 we would go to the shuttle stop. The OSU shuttle runs all day and is free to ride, something I did not know before this term but use all the time now! You would think being athletes we'd like the chance to walk and the exercise but not a chance. During Biology lecture I would have to endure endless comics by the creative Justyne, as well as going over the latest FML's on Sierra's I-phone. Good times :) When class was over it was back to the locker room for a quick nap/lunch/unfinished last minute homework before catching the shuttle to our next class. After this we would reconnect for Bio lab where we would sit next to smart kid, who we never figured out his name but always sat by us and we always talked to him. Justyne would remind Sierra and I how much Erin (our grad assistant) liked her and how close they were to a handshake...a way Justyne marks if you are a good friend or not depends if you have a handshake with her. We tried to finish as quickly as possible because we only had so much time before the shuttle comes around again and its a long walk back to the locker room for another break. This is how Every Tuseday and Thursday of my winder term was spent, thanks guys for a blast of a term and a million of inside jokes!!

I am excited to announce that a book has finally caught my attention (I don't ever find books that can really spark my interest). I have recently started reading a book by the oh so famous Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song, and have not been able to put it down...Literally! Which is a problem when I to need to be gearing up for finals. I recommend that people go out and read it asap because commercials for the movie are out already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home