Thursday, March 4, 2010

Short and Sweet

Now that baseball has started, you can call me a single. Let me give a little recap about how the seasons gone so far.

Week one was in the beautiful Oahu, Hawaii, not going to lie I was totally jealous because that week it never stopped raining in Corvallis. The Beavers when 3-4 and Rob in particular started all four games and had just an okay weekend at hitting. It was a rough start for him but who cares you got to go to Hawaii.

Week two was here in Corvallis, Oregon...YEAH!! Dave and Kate both came up for the Friday and Saturday games and I was so much fun to see family. The beavers when 2-3 winning the series against Tennessee University (thank goodness they had the most obnoxious bench, they needed to be shut up). This week Rob was also named Everyday Champion for Oregon State athletics, and we got to go enjoy dinner, while I got to meet the infamous Mike Parker (he announces all the games for OSU athletics), kind of a celebrity in my mind since he is my man when Rob is on the road.

This week they have traveled to Sunnyville Arizona and defeated UC Riverside 10-3, and Rob got his first triple of the season!

Our weekdays have been marked with movies, making dinner, and trying to spend as much time together as possible. We recently watched (Well Rob only watched half before he was asleep, Duh) was 2012 and I thought it was great and would recommend going out to rent it. We need to give a shout out the the people who invented red box movies. What a genius you are! Who know you could rent a movie just like buying a candy bar out of a vending machine. I also got to teach our Sunday school class for the first time all by my lonesome. Public speaking is not my favorite thing and I was definitely stressing hard Saturday night, but I made it through. You will never appreciate the lessons Sunday school teachers give until you have to take the time to prepare one on your own. We teach the 16-17 year olds' or juniors and seniors in high school, and they are one chatty bunch. I often feel a bit unqualified for the job since I am practically their age, but we must be there for a reason, and I hope we can be a positive impact in our kids lives. I need to mention a recent accomplishment for the Folsom family, which is our undefeated season in bowling with our good friends Mark and Hannah. We accidentally missed our last game so we were disqualified from the tournament, but hey we never "officially" lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home