Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fourth and Final Diamond Dinner






So first off I just want to put a disclaimer out there, my husband says that if I write in a blog it needs to be brutally honest, that way we'll remember things how they were and not how we wanted them to be. Pretty good idea hunny, lets see if I do an okay job with that.

Friday night was Rob's forth and final diamond dinner. I was really excited for Dave and Mindy to come up and spend a night with them and my husband, and a have a nice dinner together. I was mistaken on just how fun this night was going to be. There were a few things that shocked me about this dinner...First off, there were 400 people there, it was loud and crazy and knowing Rob and how much he loves to socialize, I don't recall seeing him all too much. Second, was that I felt bad for the chefs because by the time we got to the buffet table they were running out of food, and believe me we were not last in line by any means. Third, we sat at an awkward angle to the projector screen, and with large men sitting in front of me there was no way I was going to be able to see the highlight real they showed. Finally, the diamond dinner started at 6 o'clock and did not end until 10:45, I'll let you do the math on how long we got to sit there. With all this said it really wasn't as bad as I am probably making it all seem. There was a period of time that as a family we got to be together, chat and catch up, which was worth sitting the 4 hours for. We had a great dinner even though the chicken might have been gone. The funniest part of the evening however, was when they gave away 5 free bottles of wine to people that had an orange strip of paper in the left side of their program, which of course we did, so we got a free bottle of wine. I laughed in my head, as the guy handed a 20 year old who cant legally drink a bottle of wine, if he only knew. I also can't forget to mention how dashing my hubby looked in his tux, just see the pictures above!


Other things that happened this week include midterms, Rob and I both did alright, but there's some room for improvement. The Holy Rollers, our bowling league team, came up with our first win this Monday, and I'm proud to say that I successfully brought up the rear in scoring, hopefully I'll be able to contribute more next week. Our coach decided that on Monday he was going to "raise the bar" for practice which in translation means "were going to run a lot today!" Ryan Ortiz, Matt Smith and Kelley Whitten came in to town, its always nice to see old friends, and even better when it involves sitting out by the fire on a cold night. I also really enjoyed being able to go up to Portland on Saturday afternoon to see my dad and Sarah. Sarah is a superstar in soccer, every time that I see her play she keeps getting better and better! I also enjoyed spending time with my dad. One of my favorite things about my relationship with my dad is that we can always share the more simple things in life, such as fresh doughnut holes and hot chocolate, yummy!!! (sorry dad I know I threw you under the bus here, but she'll forgive you). I also got to spend dinner with them which was really fun, thanks again dad love you! There is one last thing that I want to say about this week, Rob and I are really excited that part of our family is coming back home to Medford. Nate, Emily, Henry and Lily we miss you and cant wait to see you hopefully in very near future!
I'm starting a count down until Robs first baseball game cause its starting to come up fast: 18 days!!!

My Early Childhood teacher brought us play dough in class the other day, and gave us the recipe:
Play Dough Recipe:


Flour: 3 cups

Salt: 1 and 1/2 cups

Water: 3 cups

Vegetable Oil: 2 TBS

Cream of Tartar: 1 TBS

Couple drops of food coloring or unsweetened "Kool Aid" 1 pkg.


Mix all or the ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook over medium low heat, until the dough comes away from the edges of the pan and it becomes difficult to move the spoon. Remove from heat. Cool until it can be handled. Place on counter or on waxed paper knead 3-4 times. Store in an air tight container.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home