Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break in San Diego

We finally finished our winter term at Oregon State and were definitely ready for a break. My family was planning on going to San Diego to watch Sarah in a soccer tournament (Nomads), and had invited Rob and I to come along. Rob is in the middle of season, and there was no chance that he was going to be able to go, so I was faced with the choice of leaving him behind or staying in Corvallis. After some persuasion on his part, I decided that he would be so busy that I would get to see him, so I should go and spend some time with my family. San Diego here we come, 12 hours in the worn down suburban that is pushing 200,000 miles, crossing our fingers it doesn't break down on us!

One of the first fun things we did when we made it down to Southern California, was go to Knotts Berry Farm...a classic amusement park our family has been going to since I was 5.

My moms favorite ride (as seen above) is the Silver Bullet, shes turning 49 in a few days and still rides the roller coasters! My dad was a good sport too, however when he finished the ride he looked queasy and sat out for the next hour ;) We laughed when he told us, that when he finally felt the ride stopping the first thing he looked for was were people vomited cause he felt extremely sick.


Every park has the classic wooden roller coaster that jerks you around until you have a head ache (unfortunately you always seem to go on them), this is mom and dad before the Ghost Rider. You can also see that my mom is working a new hair style, the first time in over 20 years and looking pretty dang good if you ask me, hott mama. What a cute couple.


This was a classic ride and fun that we could do it all together. It was also a nice break from the fast pace roller coasters.


Out of every ride we went on we this was the scariest! I see pure terrior on my face in the above picture. A plug to the death. I need to give a shout out to Sarah and Sydney, because they were troupers the whole day and we had a blast facing our fears together.

In San Diego we got to see Sarah play a lot. She is a feisty little forward and her team won two shoot outs to make it to the finals, good job fury! This trip was especially fun because I got to spend time with a lot of extended family. Both sets of grandparents came down to watch Sarah play and spend time with the family. I count myself very lucky at how big of a role my grandparents have played in my life, I love them, and appreciate all they do. I love to reminisce and laugh together, which is something we continually do when we all in the same room. Many times I want to take a snap shot so that I can remember these moments forever because they are truly the best. John and Amber drove from Arizona and it always fun the see the cuddliest couple I know! I was named the cuddle police because I gave them a hard time the whole weekend, but maybe they just haven't heard the term PDA? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Love you guys anyways. All in all I believe my family is the most important thing in the world to me, and although I am glad to be back home with my lovey, I miss them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home